NBR 8 TON COVERED GOODS VAN KIT – 4mm : 1 foot
(Hover on the images to enlarge them.)
A limited edition run of this vehicle has been commissioned by the North British Railway Study Group.
- NBR Dia.10; LNER Dia.38B 8 Ton Covered Goods Van.
- Built between 1893 and 1903, they had all been withdrawn by 1946.
- Constructed with outside framing and single skin horizontal planking, double timber end posts with a central vertical tee iron section between, these set the precedent for the remainder of the NB’s goods van construction.
- An example built in 1896 is preserved by the Fife Heritage Railway at Leven.
- Resin body cast by CMA Creative Solutions Ltd from a master produced by Simon de Souza
- W-irons by MJT from Dart Castings
- White-metal castings for grease axlebox/spring, buffers and single shoe brake by 51L from Wizard Models
- Etched brass hand brake lever and guide by 51L from Wizard Models
Wheels and couplings are left to purchaser to source, to suit their own gauge (00, EM or P4) and preferences.
The price of the kit will be announced as soon as possible and it will be supplied on a strictly first come first served basis.
Further details may be posted on the Forum from time to time.
If you would like one of these kits, please use our contact page to get in touch with our Sales Officer and place your order.